Wednesday, January 8, 2014

One Size Doesn't Fit All


High quality yoga accessories at great prices!

Many people have this conception of what the “normal” yoga instructor should look like.  We are all tall and very lean, no more than a size 2.  We can tie ourselves into the ever popular pretzel and pull our legs up behind our heads.  Well, I am here to tell you that that is not always true.  When I stand in front of my classes there are many times that I am one of the “bigger” girls in the room.  I wear a size 12 and am proud of my body.  I can teach an amazing yoga class even though I am not the perfect size 2. I am strong in both body and mind. I leave it all on my mat.


Go Outdoor, Go Jolly! Cycling Clothing
. 
After one of my classes, a young yogi came up to me and paid me the biggest complement of my teaching career.  She told me that it was refreshing and inspiring to stand in a class where the teacher isn’t that size 2.  She said she felt more comfortable in my class than she ever had in any other.  She had been considering giving up yoga because she felt out of place, but now is a regular. She sees the way that yoga is changing her life and is grateful every time she has the opportunity to practice.

Daily Boutique Deals

So many times we forget that people come in all different shapes and sizes.  There are the young and old, the strong and the weak, those that are heavier and the very thin. All sizes and shapes need to be embraced and welcomed.  We all suffer from the same condition, the human condition.  We have all been created equal and the yoga mat is the perfect place to reflect on this.  Be one with the mat. Love yourself for all of your traits. They are you in your purest form.  Embrace them.  I know I have come to embrace my size 12 body and love every inch of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment